Principal Scientist/Associate Director/Director, In vitro Pharmacology
Employment Status: Full-Time
Sapience Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing peptide-based therapeutics to previously ‘undruggable’ targets for major unmet medical needs, particularly high mortality cancers. Sapience’s technology acts by disrupting specific protein-protein interactions required for the regulation of key oncogenic and immune-modulatory proteins at the transcriptional level, allowing for targeting of intracellular proteins previously viewed as 'undruggable' due to their lack of enzymatic activity or ligand binding.
We are seeking a highly motivated and productive Principal Scientist/Associate Director/Director to join the Pharmacology Team. The individual will work independently to design, execute, interpret, and optimize molecular and cellular biological assays to support discovery and development stage projects. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong intellectual curiosity, experimental independence, and a passion to develop new therapeutics. The scientist will be expected to initiate new avenues of research, as well as support ongoing projects.
- Develop and conduct target engagement studies using flow cytometry, immunoblotting, immunofluorescence and related methods.
- Design, conduct, interpret and optimize biochemical and analytical analyses of target/hit interactions.
- Communicate project results at meetings; provide scientific results that support the generation of publications and patents.
- Keep up-to-date and well-organized records of experiments.
- Supervise one or more staff in the execution of the above responsibilities.
- Contribute to identifying and managing CROs for offsite analyses.
- Contribute effectively to patents, reports and publications of scientific findings.
- A minimum of a Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry or a related field.
- Deep understanding of tumor biology.
- A minimum of 5 years industrial experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in molecular biology and protein engineering required.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, reporter assays, protein analysis required.
- Experience in assay development for target engagement and biomarker discovery preferred.
- A proven history of independent investigations, innovative thinking, time and effort management, strong interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated ability to collaborate.
Salary and Title: Commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Send letter, resume or curriculum vitae to:
Sapience Therapeutics, Inc
500 Mamaroneck Avenue, Suite 320
Harrison, NY 10528
No phone calls, please.